This is the Best Strawberry Cake you will ever bake! A dense, fruity cake with thick, creamy strawberry cream cheese frosting that is incredibly moist and delicious! Bakery quality with the easiest recipe, this will become a family favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on one of these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. For additional information, please view the site Disclaimers here.
I love the ease of this recipe! A boxed cake mix doctored up to create a bakery quality cake that is so dense and velvety that is so soft it melts in your mouth. The addition of gelatin creates a thicker, heavy cake. The ingredients are common to have in your pantry, which is great news to be able to whip up this cake any day of the week.
Use a box of white cake mix for the base of this cake. Choose a cake mix that has no pudding in the ingredients. When preparing this recipe, you will not follow the directions on the back of the box. Instead, the addition of 5 eggs and gelatin creates a cake that is so delicious it is hard to believe it came from a box mix!
Using strawberry gelatin really amps up the strawberry flavor and makes the much denser than a boxed cake mix would create. Boxed cakes are slightly dry and bland…just sweet yet boring.
Using frozen strawberries is the easiest for this recipe. Thaw the strawberries and drain well. Puree them prior to adding to the cake batter. It is okay for a few small chunks of strawberries to remain..a surprise to bite into! Save the remaining strawberries for the frosting and to drizzle over the cake!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
For smooth, creamy frosting ensure your cream cheese and butter is at room temperature. This will prevent lumps. Whip the butter and cream cheese together until well combined and creamy. Sift the powdered sugar as well to prevent lumps.
Add the pureed strawberries a quarter cup at a time to prevent adding too much liquid. The finished frosting should be thick and stiff.
This cake is the best Strawberry Cake! It is a great birthday cake or any day that you want to brighten!
Best Strawberry Cake
- 1 Box White Cake Mix 16.25 ounces
- 1 3oz Package of Strawberry flavored gelatin
- ½ Cup Milk
- 5 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Strawberry Puree If using frozen strawberries, thaw and drain well prior to pureeing
- ¾ Cup Frozen Strawberries Well drained, pureed
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Room temperature
- ¼ Cup Butter Room temperature
- Pinch Salt
- ¼ TSP Vanilla Extract
- 3½ Cups Powdered Sugar Shifted
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two 9" round cake pans with grease and flour. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine cake mix and gelatin, whisk together by hand.
- In a large bowl, gently beat the eggs and add milk and oil.
- Add egg and milk mixture into the mixer and mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add in pureed strawberries and continue to mix until well combined.
- Evenly divide the cake batter between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 325°F for 26-29 minutes until the cake bounces back when you touch it. If using the toothpick test, the toothpick should come out with moist crumb but not batter.
- Remove from the oven. Wait at least 15 minutes prior to transferring the cake to wire racks to continue to cool. Allow to cool completely prior to frosting.
- In an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese and butter until no lumps remain about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in salt and vanilla extract and continue to blend.
- Add in sifted powdered sugar in increments of about ½ cup at a time. Whip until combined. Continue until all sugar has been added.
- Drain the strawberries well and then puree. Add into the frosting mixture a ¼ cup at a time and whip. Continue to add until the frosting has reached desired consistency.
- Using your favorite cake stand, layer the two cakes with a generous amount of the strawberry frosting sandwiched between.
- Frost the cake using a generous layer of strawberry frosting.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours prior to serving.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Eat well. Live fully. Bake cake.